Friday, August 17, 2012

So far...

Things are going well at my elementary school.  My room is all ready for my little darlings, though they won't spend much time in there.  I am super excited about being in a school where I will be able to practice Spanish as much as humanly possible and a place full of such caring people.  I'm lucky to have gotten the mentor that I did and I can't express enough how grateful I am to my Vice Principal and the ESOL secretary in PG for giving me the lucky break I needed.  My only goals are to not let them down this year and have a great time doing it.  This is the culmination of everything I have been working towards since 2008 and everything I've sacrificed to get it.  Although school doesn't officially start until Monday, it was worth every hour of anxiety, fear, tears and frustration.

Other things are going fine too.  It is just a matter of deciding about where I am and where I want to go.  I promised myself when I left Spain that I wouldn't allow that experience to make me jaded and untrusting which is a daily effort.  There are times when it doesn't cross my mind for days.  Other days he is right at the forefront and right behind my distrust of everyone around me.  The slow fading is what I'm hoping for. Like the scar that it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment