Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Holy Horoscope Batman!


Virgo (August 23-September 22)
"And if nothing is repeated in the same way," says poet Antonio Porchia, "all things are last things." That's a good principle to adapt for your own purposes, Virgo. A few weeks from now, I bet you'll be enmeshed in an orgy of novelty, creating yourself from scratch and exploring experiences you've never heard of before. But in the meantime, as you bring this cycle to a close, be equally inventive about how you finish things off. Don't imitate the approach you used in tying up loose ends in the past. Don't put stale, boring karma to rest in stale, boring ways. Nothing repeated! All things last things! 


Before I begin, a disclaimer...I do not subscribe to all that astrology claims to know. I'm simply amused by Rob Brezsny.
Which cycle? That is my question.  Is this referring to the end of my current job?  If that is the case, then I think I get it.  I should put stale, boring karma to rest and as my new vice principal says 'be a rebel.' The message is coming at me from all different angles lately.  So I think I have decided that instead of letting someone who has made me feel uncomfortable at work and seems to enjoy making my life difficult when I need flexibility and pushing me into corners (for a part time job that offers no benefits, mind you) that I'm going to do what makes me happy and not necessarily what the right thing is to do.  Probably not wise to lay it all out here, but instead of taking the high road and having an uncomfortable confrontation, I'm just going to avoid it. I feel terrible about it already though because I have really grown attached to a couple of the kids I work with.  Such is life I guess.

Or perhaps it is referring to the stale cycle of the last two years of my life.  I am SO ready for that to come to an end too.  I am doing everything different this time- so all things really can be last things.  If that would be the last time that I ever was so stupid, that would be excellent too.

Next week marks the beginning (at least in regards to work) of my life back here in the States that I've been waiting for since March.  I knew it would come eventually, but I'm so grateful that it's here and now.  Other things have been going pretty well since then and  it finally seems as if the light at the end of the tunnel is now the sun in the sky.

No comments:

Post a Comment